- Shortening documents to fit word limits;
- Document analysis and evaluation.
- Consulting and troubleshooting related to the TeX family of
document preparation and typesetting software, for authors and
publishers. See TeX services for more
- Setting up and troubleshooting scientific publishing workflows,
and handling complex software toolchains:
- Management of submissions and refereeing;
- Editing workflows with Word, LaTeX, OpenOffice, and/or
DocBook. Handling mixed document formats during editing;
- Typesetting workflows targetting TeX-based proofs;
- Partial automation of proofreading, particularly where there
are incompatible representations of edited copy and typeset proof at
- Citation and document analysis.
Style and Usage
We have substantial experience with the style guides and editorial
guidelines as follows:, including:
We also are happy to edit to ad-hoc and informal style, and have
plenty of experience figuring out what is best on the run.
- The three major scholarly styles:
- The Chicago Manual of Style (Chicago style; also Turabian);
- The Publication Manual of the American Psychological
Association (APA style);
- MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers (MLA style);
- Several medical style guides, such as that of the British
Medical Association (BMJ style), and of the Cochrane Society;
- Several styles associated with LaTeX: see
the style section of the TeX
- House styles of publishers, such as Cambridge University Press
and Mouton de Gruyter.